Fruit can easily become dessert by adding this dairy free, naturally-sweetened whipped cream. It’s also great on a homemade ice cream sundae. It’s healthy and so simple, the kids can easily help.
Dairy Free Whipped Cream
- 1 can coconut milk full fat
- 2-3 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
* Refrigerate can of coconut milk overnight.
* Gently flip the can and open, pouring the liquid into a container for later.
* Scoop the solid coconut cream into a mixing bowl and begin whipping on high.
* Add 2-3 tsp honey (1/4 tsp vanilla optional) and continue whipping until you gain the consistency of whipped cream!
Be patient, this can take 5-10 minutes. The keys here are to refrigerate at least 24 hours and to only use the cream, not the watery liquid. This makes a delicious, clean whipping cream to top your berries or even your shake!
Now, want to know what to do with that coconut water? Add two scoops chocolate protein powder to it along with some ice and put it in the blender. It makes a delicious chocolate coconut cream shake! I give these to my kids to load them up with healthy fats and protein.